Rae's Reviews > Sahara

F 50x66
Aug 04, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: own

This was one of those "oh sh** I'm about to board a plane and I have no books to read why am I such an idiot OH LOOK an airport bookstore!!" books. I started reading it on the plane, was utterly freaked out by the cannibalistic scene at the very beginning of the book, and gave up on it for several months. When I did end up going back to it, I quite liked it. I doubt I would read anything like it again, but it was fun to jump into the whole "action" genre for a while and be swept along in the dry Sahara and whatnot.

I was enthused enough about this book that I watched the movie made of it on TV. I was so disappointed. It made me want to cry. Those of you who have seen the movie, think it was crap (it was), and thus don't want to touch the book: give the book a chance. If you're bored on a plane or whatever, it's a good read. Except for the cannibal scene. Which still gives me the creeps. But anyways.

P.S. I admit that at first I did pick this book up because I thought the guy's pants (on the cover) were ridiculously cool. lulz. . .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sahara.