ci chong's Reviews > They Came to Baghdad

They Came to Baghdad by Agatha Christie

F 50x66
Aug 04, 2009

liked it

my favourite of Agatha Christie's huge range of books.combining her ingenious plots and tangible characters in an exotic blend of traditional breathless excitement, with her characteristic unexpected twist in the story bringing things to a sudden fast-moving, tense climax.Victoria is a character truly worth meeting and remembering. So are the other minor products of Christies's lively imagination;the hilariously dim-witted Dr. Pauncefoot Jones; the lovable and phlegmatic Marcus Tio;the Continential Bishop of Llanggua; and,always memorable, the sad-faced Dakin and young, brave Carmichael of the tragic end, of whom one barely meets at all in the story butcan't help but feel strongly about all the same.
I like this, being one of the most wholesome Christies I have come across. Not as racy,spiritualistic,disturbing or gory as The man in the Brown Suit,The Hound of Death,Endless Night( I was so disgusted with this one in paticular even the plot could not atone for it) or They Do it With Mirrors.
Every time I pick this up, however,and flip through it, it always draws me to it; which is always the sign of a good book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read They Came to Baghdad.