Jason Koivu's Reviews > Children's Books: Your Guide to Crafting a Captivating Tale!

Children's Books by Lesley Bolton

Mar 12, 2015

bookshelves: writing, how-to
Read from November 02 to 14, 2009

Once upon a time I thought I was going to write children's books.

description

So I crept into big bad Borders in search of how-to clues...

description

I discovered (that's a big word that means "found") this book and it was great!

description

It had all the info I'd ever need, like explanations of the different kinds of children's books...

description

What are and are not kid-appropriate characters and dialogue...

description

It explained what an agent can do for you, how to find publishers, and gave an overview of contracts!

description

Oh the wonderful things you'll learn!

Eventually I learned I didn't want to write children's books! Isn't it wonderful?!?!?!

30 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Children's Books.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) I'm just gonna go ahead and put this out to the universe like Oprah tells us all to do and say if you wrote the story of the hairy ballsack who saved the town, I'd read it : )

message 2: by Stepheny (new)

Stepheny Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "I'm just gonna go ahead and put this out to the universe like Oprah tells us all to do and say if you wrote the story of the hairy ballsack who saved the town, I'd read it : )"

I second that statement Kelly. Possibly buddy read?

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Absolutely! I'm pretty sure we could break Goodreads forever with that one ; )

message 4: by Ivonne (new)

Ivonne Rovira Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "I'm just gonna go ahead and put this out to the universe like Oprah tells us all to do and say if you wrote the story of the hairy ballsack who saved the town, I'd read it : )"

LOL! You slay me!

Jason Koivu Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "...if you wrote the story of the hairy ballsack who saved the town, I'd read it : )"

So, you want me to write a memoir?

message 6: by Stepheny (new)

Stepheny Jason wrote: "Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "...if you wrote the story of the hairy ballsack who saved the town, I'd read it : )"

So, you want me to write a memoir?"

Best. Response. Ever.

message 7: by Petra X (new)

Petra X I have to get this book. I've read (and sold) all sorts of 'how to write children's books' books but none of them have really got any of us there. Maybe this one will.

Jason Koivu Petra X smokin' hot wrote: "I have to get this book. I've read (and sold) all sorts of 'how to write children's books' books but none of them have really got any of us there. Maybe this one will."

This was one of the more helpful how-to writing books I've read, for kids or adults. It's not long, so it's not all inclusive - meaning it won't have Writer's Market type listings for agents, publishers, etc - but it's a good intro that covers a lot more than others.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Why did I look at the hairy ballsack?????????????

Now I want that book that Kelly mentioned.

message 10: by Ivonne (new)

Ivonne Rovira Shelby *wants some flying monkeys* wrote: "Why did I look at the hairy ballsack?????????????

Now I want that book that Kelly mentioned."

Why isn't there a way to un-see something????