Katy's Reviews > The Woman Who Rides Like a Man

The Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce

Aug 03, 09

bookshelves: childhood, young-adult-fantasy
Read in January, 2000

It's kind of impossible for me to describe the impact Alanna had on me as a young girl. She taught me that people will most often find your paralysing rage "cute" rather than intimidating, and she sparked a lifelong desire to have a talking cat with purple eyes. I generally consider the Immortals quartet as my favourite but Alanna definitely had the most impact on me. I re-read either this or the Immortals probably once a year and if I ever have a daughter this will be required reading...more It's kind of impossible for me to describe the impact Alanna had on me as a young girl. She taught me that people will most often find your paralysing rage "cute" rather than intimidating, and she sparked a lifelong desire to have a talking cat with purple eyes. I generally consider the Immortals quartet as my favourite but Alanna definitely had the most impact on me. I re-read either this or the Immortals probably once a year and if I ever have a daughter this will be required reading!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman Who Rides Like a Man.