Shawna's Reviews > Coming Undone

Coming Undone by Lauren Dane

Mar 25, 10

bookshelves: erotic-romance-erotica-romantica, contemporary-romance, lauren-dane, tattoos-piercings-body-art, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, favorite-romance-series, series-brown-siblings-delicious, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, 2010-reads, badasses-hunks-in-leather, bikers-sexy-as-sin, favorites, hero-alpha‎, hero-bad-boy-playboy, hero-i-wanna-marry, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, man-man-lovin, yowza-hotness, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, i-read-no-longer-own-sold-swapped, hh-widow-or-widower, 5-stars, hero-too-yummy-perfect-to-be-true, heroine-single-mom, hero-tattalizing, best-faves-of-2010, dirty-talk-turns-me-on, a-all-time-fave-hero, hero-beta, heroine-good-girl-nice, heroine-classy-lady, hero-my-romancelandia-husband-harem, hero-gentleman, hero-nice-guy-gets-the-girl, best-top-favorites, hero-entrepreneur-mogul-tycoon-ceo, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hh-dancer-ballerina
Recommended for: Fans of steamy contemporary romance & hot tattooed bad boys
Read on January 16, 2010

5 stars – Contemporary/Erotic Romance

I'm behind on my reviews, so I'll just keep this short and simple and say that it's a beautiful, sexy, sweet, hot romance and I loved it!! Hot bad boy with a soft, tender side, Brody, is flat-out yummy, sex on a stick, and I just couldn't get enough of him!

My only complaint is that I really dislike Brody's b*tchy ex girlfriend Raven and kind of just want her to go away. And I certainly don't want her paired up with Adrian in a future book. If you're reading this (and other reviews/posts) Ms. Dane, please spare us Raven-haters that agony! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coming Undone.

Quotes Shawna Liked

Lauren Dane
“Listen, I'm bossy. I can't help it. It's who I am and what I do. I'm pushy and I like to take over. But I'm going to work really hard not to do so much and your going to try and accept me the way I am. Flaws and all. Because I'm good in bed and I can carry heavy things and reach all the high shelves.”
Lauren Dane, Coming Undone

Lauren Dane
“Like I need to play on the Wii when you're there willing to f*** me. Video games are what men invented to fill the sex void. Any man who chooses video games over sex deserves to live in his mother's basement with his mint-condition, in box Star Wars figurines and his real doll.”
Lauren Dane, Coming Undone

01/17/2010 page 291
100.0% 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laurie (Bitten by Romance) Ooh, I will be waiting for your review on this one.. I will not be able to get mine until Feb:( Hope you enjoy it..

Samantha Agree. I hated Raven. It sort of felt like she was going in the direction of a Raven/Adrian pairing. I don't know if I like that one.

MelissaB I hated Raven!

Rossy Fantastic review, Shawna! I have to agree with everyone i hated her throughout the book. I wouldn't be opposed on reading about her, but i hope really hard that she doesn't try to put her claws on Adrian!!

Shawna Samantha wrote: "Agree. I hated Raven. It sort of felt like she was going in the direction of a Raven/Adrian pairing. I don't know if I like that one."

I got that feeling too, Samantha, but I really hope we're wrong, LOL.

Shawna MelissaB wrote: "I hated Raven!"

Welcome to the Raven-haters club, LOL! :)

Shawna Rossy wrote: "Fantastic review, Shawna! I have to agree with everyone i hated her throughout the book. I wouldn't be opposed on reading about her, but i hope really hard that she doesn't try to put her claws on ..."

Thanks, Rossy! I don't want her putting her claws on Adrian either, and I totally picture him with someone more serious and straitlaced that he can rumple up.

Miss Kim Shawna, the new book is Inside Out, and Adrian is paired with Ella.

Raven needed more of a kick in her ass than she did get.

MelissaB I forget - who was Ella?

Miss Kim She was Erin's friend who was in the abusive relationship in Laid Bare. She helped fun the cafe.

MelissaB Kim wrote: "She was Erin's friend who was in the abusive relationship in Laid Bare. She helped fun the cafe."

Ahhh - I haven't read Laid Bare yet.

message 12: by Miss Kim (last edited Apr 12, 2010 09:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Miss Kim Ohhhh, you missed out on the menage with the HEA...

Shawna Kim wrote: "Shawna, the new book is Inside Out, and Adrian is paired with Ella."

According to LD's website, Inside Out is Ben's brother (and one of their security partners) Andrew "Cope" Copeland's story and he's paired with Ella, not Erin and Brody's brother, Adrian Brown.

message 14: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae Great review, Shawna:)

message 15: by Miss Kim (last edited Apr 13, 2010 06:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Miss Kim Woops, sorry--Shawna you're right. Too many men to keep track of. lol. I need to fix my review. Damn that means theres a chance that Raven can come back to haunt us with Adrian.

Teryl Adrian is paired with Raven. LD better do some pretty convincing spinnig to get me to like her!

Miss Kim Teryl wrote: "Adrian is paired with Raven. LD better do some pretty convincing spinnig to get me to like her!"

You have confirmation, Teryl? :(

Rossy Really Teryl? Last time i checked her blog she was keeping quiet about it.

Shawna Thanks, Daisiemae!

LOL, Kim! I hope we're wrong about Raven!

Rossy I can't find anything that says it will be Raven and this was the latest she said on it:

March 26th, 2010
Here are a few questions I’ve received lately – please feel free to ask more and I’ll do my level best to answer!

Will you be writing a book for Adrian?

I sure hope so. After I finish the next futuristic for Berkley, I’ll send in the proposal for Adrian’s book which I of course hope my editor likes enough to buy!

Please please tell me you will be/won’t be putting Raven and Adrian together! (this is a very popular comment/question from both sides)

For the time being, I’m going to continue being coy on this issue. I do know who he’ll end up with and I can promise you she’ll be worthy of him. But for now, I’m not revealing who the HEA will be with.

Miss Kim OOOh! Thanks, Rossy. I don't like Ms. Dane being coy. lol

Rossy Me either, but i think she'll do right by us.

Samantha I hope she does. I'm not a Raven fan.

Shawna Thanks for the info, Rossy! I love this series, so I'll read Adrian's story regardless, but I'm keepin' hope alive that he'll get paired with someone else.

Robin *loves sexy books* raven haters unite.

can't wait for cope/ella's book. i really liked the easy going, funny cope in both laid bare and coming undone. i bet even if she does hook raven and adrien up (gag) she'll do something to make us love her.

Shawna LOL, Robin. I'm looking forward to Inside Out by Lauren Dane, too! I've got faith that LD will do right by Adrien (and us fans), which hopefully means no Raven. :)