Alice's Reviews > Just Another Judgement Day

Just Another Judgement Day by Simon R. Green

Nov 20, 09

bookshelves: not-fade-away, personal-library, clue, part-of-series
Read in November, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Green has spend so much time leading this series up to who John's mother is and the war with Lilith that there was going to be serious downhill from there.

That being said this second book past the war is a push in a new direction. It's not as exciting and I'm not even sure where there is to go, but Green does a good job of growing his characters in this one.

Taylor, Suzie Shooter, Razorblade Eddie and others could be so one dimensional, but they have all grown through out the series. Never more so than in this book.

The Walking Man is in Nightside to destroy the unrighteous..which is pretty much all of Nightside. The dilema that comes up is not so much how to kill him, but is he right. Is John a good man?

Most of the novel is fairly typical and Green goes to the dark, sick places he usually goes. The end was as it should be, but I do have to say that my favorite part of the book is the showdown between the Walking Man and Eddie.

I look forward to more entries in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Another Judgement Day.

11/19/2009 page 1
11/19/2009 page 53
19.49% "Ah...so good to be back with John and Suzie. How I've missed them."