Veens's Reviews > Dull Boy

Dull Boy by Sarah Cross

Aug 24, 09

bookshelves: 2009-read
Read in August, 2009

I won this one from TravelingToTeens.com. I read it in flat 2 days :) It was amazing.
Avery is the Dull boy who knows that he is different. Well he is very strong, so strong that he lifted the car off a small boy whose mother accidentally backed up on him. And well he can fly. He had a lot of friends, with whom he can't hang out anymore, as he is afraid of his own strength and roams in dark alleyways, so that he can help others in distress, so that he can put his super-hero skills to use!

Love the way the author has described Avery. This book is basically narrated by Avery, which is also great, I love the simple, humor-full depiction of the hardships of being different.
And of course there are others who have different powers. I felt the most for Nicholas [ read the book to know his powers :)]. When Avery finds others, they start training to be a gang [ like X-Men??:], which is just nice. Darla [ the super brain:] is the one who arranges these sessions. I love Catherine too!

And then there is Cherchette, who has her own set of poweres and who wants to help the one's who are blessed with these powers. She wantes to train them, to control and use there on powers. Is she good or evil? Read the book to find out!

There is another awesome review by Alea from Pop Culture Junkie! Go read it! She also features an interview with the author Sarah Cross!
I just have a few questions for the author Sarah Cross ~~

* Have you started on the 2nd installment of this book, which definitely has to be a series!?
* When is coming out, I need to grab a copy ASAP :)

Does that make you want to read the book? It must, it is a definite must-read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dull Boy.