K.'s Reviews > The Windflower

The Windflower by Sharon Curtis

Aug 16, 09

Read in March, 2008

[Laura London (a/k/a Tom and Sharon Curtis), "The Windflower" (From an earlier post at Amazon.):]

I PBS'd my copy of "The Windflower" . . . that's how much I liked it! HAHA! Some advice: Pretend you are still a 14 year old teenager and you still think "boys are so cute" when you begin the book. You can then appreciate how many 16-18 year old boy pirate semi-heros are in the story. (You won't have to worry about the "actual" old-guy hero (I think he's about 30) . . . His interaction with the heroine "feels" pretty limited anyway, and besides, she's 18 years old herself, and much more comfortable "hanging" with the "young crowd." LOL! (There is kind of a "hot old guy" captain of the pirate ship though. ;)

I just feel the book is best read as a more innocent love story for a "young-woman" on her first romance novel. I had to do that "eye-squinting" thing to imagine/feel "the love" of the H/h when they got together finally (i.e. suspend your disbelief for the sake of the time you've spent). I read it just a couple of years ago, and although it does have very well-imagined prose (at times a bit too flowery for me) . . . the love story itself was very juvenile in my estimation. I think it would have been better named, "The Adventures of Merry."
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Windflower.

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane Pretend you are still a 14 year old teenager and you still think "boys are so cute" when you begin the book

*tries to pretend*..nope...Geez, when I was 14 I was still beating up on boys cause they were total jerks!

message 2: by K. (new) - rated it 2 stars

K. Rane: LOL! Okay, so what you're saying is . . . you are having little success at "suspending your disbelief" from the get-go. ;D This one would probably be a "rough read" from the start for you. HAHA!

message 3: by Jennie (new) - added it

Jennie Mars I might be able to "get through" your review, if I could simply "get past" the strangely placed "air quotes" around "certain sentences" that add "ephasis" to the most "pointless things."

This is a very "strangely written" review.

message 4: by K. (new) - rated it 2 stars

K. Jennie ... Emphasis ... Or more likely a couple glasses of wine! Regardless, I'm certain you have much more important things to spend your incredibly well thought out and (no doubt) "constructive" comments on! So please ... skip right on by my reviews!

message 5: by Jennie (new) - added it

Jennie Mars I'm 'disappointed' K. I had hoped to 'match wit' with you for at least another 3 comments or so spanning the next year and a half. Alas. I will away to my slimy troll hovel, and never again will I rustle your jimmies. You have bested me.

Vivienne Papadosifaki Aw K you couldn't be more right!Your review describes my opinion exactly.This book was so Twilight wise.I Honestly couldn't get through it.Too juvenile for me.Well said K!