John Hendry's Reviews > Losing My Religion: How I Lost My Faith Reporting on Religion in America-and Found Unexpected Peace

Losing My Religion by William Lobdell

Aug 23, 09

Read in August, 2009

As someone who has struggled with my loss of faith many years ago, I was immediately drawn to this book by the title.

William Lobdell narrates his struggles with life, and how he found religion, and then left it when he realized that he did not believe. This is a well-written almost documentary that intertwines the pedophile issues within the Catholic Church, and Lobdell's reporting of such while with the Los Angeles Times.

If you've ever struggled with faith, then this is a book that will open your eyes and help you know you are not alone out there. This is not a quick read. It took me several weeks to make it through the book, and I found myself thinking about what I had read, and analyzing it.

After finishing the book, I felt much better about my decisions to be a man of no faith, and I now realize that I don't have to label myself as atheist, agnostic, or anything... I can be just me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing My Religion.

08/03/2009 page 43