K.'s Reviews > It Happened One Autumn

2592043
Aug 03, 2009

bookshelves: dead-tree-books-i-still-own, author-kleypas-lisa, audiobooks
Read from December 15 to 23, 2010 , read count: 2

Next in the Wallflowers series books that I've already read and loved, that is on audiobook. WONDERFUL! 5 stars for the audiobook so vividly brought to life by Rosalyn Landor! Now onto Devil In Winter! Woohoo!
K.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Happened One Autumn.

03/08 marked as: read

Cheryl I've never listened to an audiobook but would love to try one! Great series and this one was my favorite!

message 2: by K. (last edited Dec 26, 2010 09:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

K. Cheryl: I started listening to audiobooks when I didn't want to leave my regular books to have to "manage my life"! LOL! I found that I could download my romances in audio and not only continue my "hobby" (reading romance) but entertain myself while being really productive like ... waiting in line at the bank, post office, etc.; driving (I commute for an hour a day), running the vacuum cleaner, cleaning the bathroom, and making the bed ... you get the idea! :D I basically discovered a way to stop "wasting my life" on mundane, "silent" chores via my iPod (on my iPhone). It is a bit of an "acquired taste" because you'll find "readers" that you like or don't (based on how they read the characters - some women CANNOT voice male characters -- trust me!). There are actors and actresses that are phenomonal, however, in bringing a book to life (like a movie), and now I can't imagine not having both reading and listening as part of my everyday "romance book reading" experience.

I have plenty of recommendations if you have an iPod or iPhone at the ready ... and want to explore this genre of "reading." You'll double your exposure to entertainment! This reader (Rosalyn Landor) is AWESOME in historical romances (she's English)!

BTW ... reading one of your recs. right now and LOVING it! Thanks again! ;)
K.

Cheryl I'd love for you to send me some recommendations! I have a iPhone so it would be perfect! Either books or certain readers you love would be fine. And I'm reading one of your gifts to me right now too, Where Dreams Begin, and I'm loving it! I don't know why I've let this one sit on my shelf for so long! :)

message 4: by K. (new) - rated it 4 stars

K. Hey Cheryl: You MUST "listen" to Deeper! I think the reader is one of the best in the biz (Savannah Richards aka Terese Plummer). Her reading of this book is completely captivating and haunting! Phenominal! Just be sure you're not expecting a straight out romance, then you'll be in the right frame of mind for it.

I'd also recommend the Hathaway series (all of them) in audio. Rosalyn Landor did all of them as well, and I loved them so much that I listened to them twice in a row (I think I got a bit addicted! LOL! ;)

One more that is kind of a sleeper book/audiobook that I really enjoyed is "The Wedding Night" by Linda Needham. Great romance and good reader. And ANY of the Judith Ivory books that are on audio are all 5* audiobooks. Fantastic reader - "The Proposition" is excellent, and you could knock another "secret santa" off your list! :)
K.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

By all means go for the audio!! Everything K. said!

Cheryl Thanks K! I'm going to definitely look for your suggestions! I'll let you know how it turns out. By the way... I'm only pages away from finishing Where Dreams Begin and it is definitely going to be a 5 star for me! Thanks!! :)