Krista (One Love) (Critical)'s Reviews > The Reckoning

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

2082345
Dec 17, 10

bookshelves: own-ab, best-character-s, fave-author, want-to-own, werewolves, yst, cfmf, ya
Read in April, 2010

Each book kept getting BETTER than the last. The first book in the trilogy was my least favorite, and this third one my favorite.

What can I say? I absolutely LOVE Chloe, and watching her grow through the series was so much fun, starting off with her jumpy and a slightly meek, and ending with her strong and determined to do what she has to do. Through all of this though, she remains a good person with a good heart. I love how she stands up for Derek (poor Derek, everyone's always insulting him in some way), and how she isn't disgusted by him when he's Changing to/or from wolf form. She's just amazing. To me, Chloe is definitely the best part of the series; she made it worth while, and I realy CARED about what happened to her, which is key to liking a book.

And I've been waiting what feels like forever for Chloe to realize she likes Derek and not Simon, so I was SOOO giddily happy during some specific moments I won't mention but that were too adorable for words. I mean, could there be a cuter couple? The big, scary, bossy werewolf with the small, cute sweet girl...It just goes to show that Chloe is not what she seems; everyone always underestimates her because of her looks and size. But she's tough. Plus, after hearing character after character say how ridiculous it would be for a cute little thing like Chloe fall for a big ugly "ox," I was absurdly happy to have her finally prove them WRONG.

There were a few things that seemed rushed, and I felt slightly jipped, because I wanted to see Rae's reaction when she found out Chloe was right all along, but she never even shows up here.

Other than that, this books got everything, suspense, action, romance, drama, comedy. Yup.

And did I mention how much I like Tori? Sure, she's a bitch, but it was so fun to see her change from the evil girl who locked Chloe in a crawl space to the grudging friend; plus, she was a big help in a lot of unexpected ways.

As for Simon...Okay, I never really felt anything for him, like or dislike, but toward the end of the book I realized I liked him, just not as much as Derek. I don't know, Simon just didn't seem to have much of a personality. Maybe it was just me...??

Oh, and my favorite scene involved Derek as a wolf playing around with Chloe. Seriously, the cutest thing EVER. I was SO happy that he proved everyone who said he was some kind of monster wrong. Awww.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reckoning.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 5: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi Another cool pic!

Krista (One Love) (Critical) Joyzi is *Team Adrian* wrote: "Another cool pic!"

Glad you like it. :)

message 3: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi yep are you the one who made it?

Krista (One Love) (Critical) Yes. I have way too much free time LOL.

message 1: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi it was very kewl^^