Karen's Reviews > Lies & the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair & Balanced Look at the Right

Lies & the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken

Sep 27, 2007

Read in November, 2003

I don't have many five star books on my list; this one made the cut because I laughed and laughed and laughed, often out loud. Thinking back, other books have made me chuckle or smile, but I can't remember any other book just tickling my funny bone like this one. Al Franken is clever but he's not this funny in person. Team Franken, discussions with God, exposing the lies of famous conservatives, and particularly, the field trip to Bob Jones University - all classic material. What's more, Franken is smart, enlightened, and knows his stuff. No wonder he's running for Senate...and all the more satisfying that he's going for his old friend Paul Wellstone's seat.

I couldn't muster big stars for the follow up - The Truth. The Truth was hard hitting and bitter. I enjoyed it, I learned from it, I share his bitterness, but it was missing the playful touch that made Lies such a great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies & the Lying Liars Who Tell Them.

04/15/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Christina (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

Christina I agree with you wholeheartedly on both books. I still remember Ashley recommending Lies to me at the Baltimore reunion. And she was right! I wonder if he got more serious with the next one because he was considering the run for Senate? I sure hope he wins!