Junkie for the Written Word's Reviews > Dragonfly in Amber

Aug 03, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: books-i-didn-t-like
Read from October 03 to 06, 2014

I upped the star rating for the first one, because after rereading it I found myself a lot more involved in the story. However, this one isn't getting a similar star boost.

I know there are a lot of new readers coming to the series because of the show so I won't ruin this book for them by putting in a lot of spoilers... or maybe I will because the whole first part of the book is a spoiler in and of itself.

So this was my main trouble. The book starts and right away we KNOW what is going to happen at the end of the book. I want to know how and why it happens, and I want to know now. I don't want 800 pages of political intrigue between me knowing something is going to happen and actually finding out why and how it happens. All of the shit that happens with Jaime and Claire in the middle of the book annoyed the crap out of me, for one reason and one reason only: I ALREADY KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.

I enjoyed the first part and the end, but the LONG middle just dragged ass.

Original Review sometime in 2009: I was iffy about this series to begin with but I'll admit that the first one was readable. This one pissed me off in so many different ways I can not begin to list them. Suffice it to say I did not agree with the way the plot went.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonfly in Amber.

10/03/2014 marked as: currently-reading