Victoria's Reviews > Glass Houses

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Dec 01, 09

Read in December, 2009

Wow, what a beginning. This story, these characters; they've totally hooked me.

It is another vampire story, but it doesn't seem rehashed to me at all. Maybe it was the characters, the creepy twists, or just the fantastic narrative voice.

Claire Danvers is having a heck of a time at her crummy dorm. A smart, ordinary girl trying to rough it at her Texas college away from home, she is constantly harassed, sometimes to the point of serious injury, by the vicious cliques of popular girls. So when she finds an ad for three housemates seeking a fourth, she is desperate for any way out of her situation.

The three teenage residents of Glass House quickly welcome Claire into their small circle; friendly Goth Eve, sarcastic and bold Shane, and mysteriously intense guitar player Michael. But they are about to become far more than housemates; by stepping into Glass House, Claire has entered into the secret world that seethes beneath the town of Morganville...a world owned by vampires. Luckily, none of her new friends are vampires...but they're also much more than they seem.

Navigating a breathtakingly dangerous and suspenseful maze of danger, intrigue, and secrets, Claire has found a brave and loyal set of people to ally with. But will the four of them be enough to face the terrifying world bent on keeping them from causing any more trouble, no matter what the cost?

This book was simple and fast-paced, and the main characters caught and held me immediately with their quirks, kindness, humor, loyalty, and realism. I can't wait to see them again in the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glass Houses.

Quotes Victoria Liked

Rachel Caine
“Damn, Claire. Warn a guy before you do a face-plant on the floor next time. I could have looked all heroic and caught you or something -Shane”
Rachel Caine, Glass Houses

11/29/2009 page 47
19.67% "Pulls me in already...how great are these characters?!" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tori OMG, love this series!!!
~T

Victoria I can't wait to see how it is. :)

Tori :D I hope you love it!! I really did, it's so funny and awesome.
~T