Rhys's Reviews > Among the Betrayed

Among the Betrayed by Margaret Peterson Haddix

U_50x66
Aug 28, 09

bookshelves: summer-reading-2009

In the book Among the Betrayed it was about a girl called Nina. She was arrested by the population police and taken to prison. The population police told Nina to betray 3 other third children. She visits the warden of the prison every day and he asked her if Nina found any thing about the kids she said no. One of the guards gets poisoned and Nina takes his keys and a lot of food back to her cell. She tells the other kids she has keys they wait until things settle down from the guard getting poisoned. They sneak out and go down the stairs and find the only way out is to cut a wire. One of the kids Alia cuts the wire to make it look like a rat bit the wire they go in the room and climb out the window. The next day they went to the woods behind Nina's school. They hid in the trees behind the school. Nina finds a garden and they eat the vegetables. They stay there for a few weeks then Luke finds Nina taking things from his garden he takes her to the principle. She thinks he will call the population police and pushes the principal over and runs. The warden of the prison comes. Matheas Percy and Alia tells Nina that she passed the test. She finds out that the warden is Mr. Talbot he told Matheas, Percy, Alia to help him if she betrayed them Mr. Talbot would have killed her but she didn't so he didn't kill her. Joins the group to fight the population police.

Text To Text connection. In the book Nina was put to a test that she thought she could never do which was betray 3 kids. But she risked her life to save the kids life. I feel like I have been in that situation except me or some one else wasn't going to die. I had to ether pick one of my friends or the other to go to there birthday party know it is not as harsh but when you are 4 it is very hard to chose between 2 of your best friends.

I would give this book 3 stars because it was ok but it left a lot of untold questions untold. I recommend this book for people that like mystery and adventure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Betrayed.