Mojca's Reviews > Smokin' Six-Shooter

Smokin' Six-Shooter by B.J. Daniels

I don't get what the title has to do with anything, but this was a remarkably good read. Though it started rather slow, as soon as the heroine was where she was supposed to be, the pace sped up and the suspense didn't let until the last chapter.

The twists and turns were endless, the secrets aplenty, the suspects just kept piling up...And that's what makes a good suspense read in my book, The edge-of-the-seat tension, the constant wondering just who might have done what, who was covering for whom and why, who was innocent, who was guilty, who was something in between.

But the suspense plot more than compensated for that, making me a happy reader. 3 ½ stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smokin' Six-Shooter.

Mojca Those good book atoms of yours worked. Thanks, Danielle!

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (last edited Sep 01, 2009 10:05AM) (new) - added it

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) You're welcome. Let's pass them around.

message 4: by Dina (new)

Dina Alathea wrote: "It made me completely forget about the romance, and I count myself lucky in that department, because it was lukewarm at best with no real chemistry between the hero and heroine."

It seems to me that these HQ Intrigue are usually more focused on the mystery/suspense than on the romance. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm glad to see that the jinx was a false alarm. :)

Mojca Yeah, Intrigues focus mostly on the suspense plot, while SRS are more romance oriented.

I love it when the romance compliments the suspense, though (which was not the case here).

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Me too, Alathea. That's the perfect mix. Intrigues definitely have more suspense. I like action/adventure more than suspense, but those lines don't last very long within romance.