Reggie's Reviews > Perfect Cover

Perfect Cover by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Aug 03, 09

This book was a TEN on the twists and turns scale. The ending was so unexpected. I thought I knew what was going to happen but I was wrong.

I couldn't help but notice it's kind of similar to The Specialists Series. In both books, each person on the team has a special skill. And it's kind of ironic how both series are in the perspective of a computer whiz.

I loved the characterization of Toby. She's sassy, sarcastic, and smart. But the zero to hero thing is a little unrealistic. In reality, someone like Toby can't be an insignificant nobody (no offense) one day and become an ultra-popular cheerleader the next day. It was a little cliché.

I was expecting more action in this book but it didn't have as much. It got a little boring in the middle. It wasn't as fast-paced as I wanted it to be, but oh well. The action that it did have, though, was flawless (the way it was planned). Everything made sense and everything was creative and original.

Barnes focused more on explaining (in Toby's POV) each and every team member's special skill and past. I enjoyed getting to know the other teammates and their sometimes not-so-great pasts.

The Bottom Line: The unexpected twists and a little hint of romance was enough to keep me wanting more. B :-)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Cover.