crayolaab's Reviews > Destined for an Early Grave

Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Mar 30, 10

bookshelves: 2009, 2010, paranormal
Read in July, 2009, read count: 2

I really enjoyed this latest installment in Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. Cat and Bones are headed on vacation together until they discover the Dreamsnatcher is after Cat.

I have to admit I wasn't sure what to expect from this book; it seemed to me like a lot of the issues were resolved at the end of At Grave's End. I was a bit surprised by the twists in this book, which was a pleasant surprise. At the same time, however, it seemed to be similar to a general trend that I keep noticing in multi-book series lately.

For parts of the book, I wanted to knock Cat and Bones' heads together (not that it would really do any damage to either of them..) but I really enjoyed seeing more detail into the vampire world and piecing together more of Cat's history. Cat's little quirk was somehow not surprising to me, which is unusual since I never seem to guess correctly about this sort of thing.

Overall, I did really enjoy this book and I think it played a key role in the series, really cementing Cat and Bones' relationship and establishing their place in vampire society. I am looking forward to the next two books and learning more about Spade and Mencheres as well, but I can't wait for the next Cat & Bones installment in the Night Huntress world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destined for an Early Grave.