rivka's Reviews > Nightpeople

Nightpeople by Anthony Eaton

Aug 02, 09

bookshelves: gr-author, other-spec-fic
Read in August, 2009

4.5 stars (It would be 5, but I loathe the "wait, we're just starting!" trick at the end of first books of trilogies. Yeah, yeah, I know. But I'm taking off .5 of a star anyway.)

WOW! Seriously, I knew this book was going to blow me away when I reached page 12 (end of the prologue) and literally had to stop to catch my breath.

This may well be the most original post-apocalyptic story I have ever read. Not to mention breathtakingly powerful.

My only regret is that I didn't also take book #2 with me when I went to my parents' place this weekend, and I'm unlikely to have time to read it before NEXT weekend.

Also, book three has not yet been published. This could be a problem . . .
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightpeople.

Imogen Tony got the first editorial reports back the other day for the third - so the end is in sight!

rivka I saw his blog. :D

I still expect I'll have to wait more than a few weeks though. ;)

Cass I just discovered this book and this author... I was clever enough to borrow the sequel at the same time though!
I like your review, I too was really really surprised by this book.

rivka Cass, you have the advantage of living in Oz, where getting Tony's books is easier than it is for me.

Cass I do feel lucky that he is an Australian writer, I am looking forward to tracking down more of his books.

rivka You certainly should. I enjoy his books, and not just because he's a friend.

message 7: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Eaton Just so you both know, I'm sitting in a cafe in Hanoi, blushing ;) you're both too nice.

rivka [image error]

Cass Anthony wrote: "Just so you both know, I'm sitting in a cafe in Hanoi, blushing ;) you're both too nice."

You are very welcome. You don't know how much of a relief it has been. This year I have read a dozen (more?) books in the YA dystopian genre, each worse then the one before it. To read something good... it restores faith!