Marvin's Reviews > Living Dead in Dallas

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

Aug 01, 2009

it was ok
Read in August, 2009

I only mildly liked the first Stookie Stackhouse novel and didn't plan to read any more. However, I decided to try again as so many people I know like them. Sorry. This is simply more of the same and the same wasn't all that good to start out with. I will stick with the Trueblood series which is a good example of the series being much better than the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Dead in Dallas.

08/17/2009 page 247
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-7)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Kathryn I'm laughing right now. If I remember the ending to this one correctly, then you've got to let us know your impressions ;)

Marvin I was not all that impressed with the first book. Decided to read this to give the series a second chance. But now you really got me interested in the ending!

Kathryn Ha, I know Michelle is laughing too. If you were not impressed with the first one, you'll probably dislike this one even more.

Marvin Ok Kathryn, now that I read it what is so funny about the ending? Perhaps the discloser about Bill's family tree? a little soap opera don't you think? BTW, Stookie should dump stick-in-the-mud Bill and go for Eric who's a much more interesting vamp. Better yet, Sam.

Kathryn I was just laughing cause I know you didn't enjoy the first one and I figured you'd really dislike the orgy scene :) So true abot stick in the mud Bill but to find out what happens there you'd have to keep reading!

Are you watching True Blood? I have to admit that I like it a lot more than the books.

Marvin I'm not watching season 2. Jeanne and I swore off TV but we will rent the DVDs of series we want to see when they are available from Netflix. I watched season 1 and liked it. Jeanne, not so much.

It wasn't all that great an orgy scene. In fact, the whole set up to it was pretty ridiculous.It was like, "oh I forgot. Wasn't I supposed to solve a murder from page one. I know! Why don't I go to an orgy!"

Kathryn Yes, the mysteries all too often take a back seat to everything else in this series. I you liked season 1 of the show, you'll probably like season 2 as well.