Laurele's Reviews > Three Men in a Boat

1719730
Mar 26, 10

bookshelves: books-read-in-2009, audible
Read in August, 2009

Filled with a kind of humor that never turns stale, this rollicking tale of a trip on the Thames is a celebration of stories of all kinds--tales from family and school days, the classic fish story, travelogue, history, the yarns of a local tour guide, the quintessentially British operetta, and to round it out, lest one think that all stories are funny, a man-in-the-street--make that stream--view of a tragic local news story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Men in a Boat.

08/01/2009 page 21
08/03/2009 page 191
100% "Finished! What a wonderful tribute to Story!"
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christopher H. Laurel, I loved your review too! It really was a wonderfully funny little novel, and one that I shall delight in passing around. I hope you are doing well, my friend, and that you are well into your next novel! Please do stay in touch! Cheers! Chris

Laurele Christopher wrote: "Laurel, I loved your review too! It really was a wonderfully funny little novel, and one that I shall delight in passing around. I hope you are doing well, my friend, and that you are well into y..."

Shall do. All is well here. I'm reading another Jerome and keeping an eye on my nonagenarian parents. Trip to Ashland planned for a week in early September for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. I think I have tickets for nine plays.

message 3: by Kinga (new)

Kinga Have wanted to read this for ever and ever. Thanks for reminding me of it!

It is interesting to read that how much different the other book of his that you've read is.