Lady Darcie's Reviews > Again the Magic

bookshelves: historical-romance, favorites
Recommended to Lady Darcie by: another book
Recommended for: romance lovers
Read in November, 2009, read count: 1

OMG.....OMG...OMG I freaking love this book!!! Aline and Mckenna are the two most wonderfull people ever!! I was so ready to jump into my book and beat up the Earl of Westcliff (father) for all the pain he has caused Aline and Mckenna.
I also wanted to jump in and tell McKenna the truth about Aline but finaly she told him and i was content :D
Really an AMAZING story <3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Again the Magic.

Quotes Lady Darcie Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“He shook his head, staring at her like a condemned man who beheld the face of his executioner. "Aline," he whispered, "Do you know what hell is?"

"Yes." Her eyes overflowed. "Trying to exist with your heart living somewhere outside your body."

"No. It's knowing that you have so little faith in my love, you would have condemned me to a lifetime of agony." His face contorted suddenly. "To something worse than death.”

Lisa Kleypas
“McKenna will always be a part of me, no matter where he goes. They say that people who've lost a limb sometimes feel as if they still have it. How many times I've felt that McKenna was still here, and the empty space beside me was alive with his presence." She closed her eyes and leaned forward until her forehead and the tip of her nose touched the cool glass. "I love him beyond reason," she whispered. "He's a stranger to me now, and yet he is still so familiar. I can't imagine a sweeter agony, having him so close.”

Lisa Kleypas
“No miles of level desert, no jagged mountain heights, no sea of endless blue
Neither words nor tears, nor silent fears
will keep me from coming back to you.”

Lisa Kleypas
“It was likely that no one had been surprised, however, as it was clear that Aline and Mckenna belonged together. There was something invisible and yet irrefutable that made them a couple. Perhaps it was the way both of them stole quick glances at each other when one though the other wasn't looking... glances of wonder and hunger.”

Lisa Kleypas
“For thousands of nights I dreamed of making love to you. No man on earth has ever hated sunrise as I do.”

Lisa Kleypas
“I can't imagine a sweeter agony, having him so close.”

Lisa Kleypas
“I want morning and noon and nightfall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses...the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life...to lie in your arms as I take my last breath.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Sleep, my love," He whispered, smoothing her long hair, lifting the damp locks away from the back of her neck. "I'll be here to watch over you."

"You sleep too," she said groggily, her hand creeping to the center of his chest.

"No." McKenna smiled and pressed a soft kiss against her temple. His voice was husky with wonder. "Not when staying awake is better than anything I could find in a dream.”

Lisa Kleypas
“He uttered a curse that startled her with its foulness, and gripped her head between his hands, forcing her to stare at him. His voice was savage. "For twelve years I have been in constant torment, wanting you in my arms and believing it would never be possible. I want you for a thousand reasons other than your legs, and...no, damn it, I want you for no reason at all, other than the fact that you're you. I want to shove myself deep inside you and stay for hours...days...weeks. I want morning and noon and nightfall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses...the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life...to lie in your arms as I take my last breath.”

Lisa Kleypas
“She smiled at him, though her hazel-green eyes were wary beneath the brim of a sodden hat. Right at that moment, staring at her across the hall, Gideon Shaw, cynic, hedonist, drunkard, libertine, fell hopelessly in love.”

Lisa Kleypas
“A slow smile began on Gideon's face, and his blue eyes sparkled. With a shake of his head, he put his hand on his chest, as if the sight of her was more than his heart could bear.”

Lisa Kleypas
“I'm sorry." Her voice cracked. "McKenna-"
"Not sorry enough." He pressed his wet face to hers, his mouth rubbing over her cheeks and chin in feverish, rough half kisses, as if he wanted to devour her. "Not nearly enough. You say you've had to live without your heart...how would you like to lose your soul as well? I've cursed every day I've had to live without you, and every night that I spent with another woman, wishing that it was you in my arms-"
"NO-" she moaned.
"Wishing," he continued fiercely, "for some way to stop the memories of you from eating away at me until there was nothing left inside. I've found no peace anywhere, not even in sleep. Not even in dreams..." He broke off and assaulted her with hungry, shuddering kisses. The taste of his tears, his mouth, made Aline disoriented and hot, her head reeling from shocks of pleasure. McKenna seemed possessed by a passion that bordered on violence, his lungs wracked with hard breaths, his hands tightening with a force that threatened to leave bruises on her tender flesh. "By God," he said with the vehemence of a man to whom entirely too much had happened, "In the past few days I've suffered the torments of the damned, and I've had enough!”

Lisa Kleypas
“One should make the best choice possible given the circumstances, and then avoid second-guessing for the sake of one's own sanity.”

Lisa Kleypas
“If I'm to change my life for you, I've got to have some hope."
"I don't want you to change your life for me. You'll have to make the same decision every day, over and over - it must be for yourself alone.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Perhaps only those who had loved and lost could appreciate this magic.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Shaw...has a woman ever asked you to write a poem for her?"
"Good God, no," Gideon replied with a snicker. "Shaws don't write poetry. They pay others to write it for them and then take the credit for it.”

Lisa Kleypas
“One can't help but marvel at the variety of ways that women had devised to make us look like flaming idiots.”

Lisa Kleypas
“...she could only wait for someone, something, to free her from the invisible chains that bound her.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Haven't you ever wished that you could steal back just a few hours of your past?" she asked softly. "That's all I want... just a little taste of what might have been.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Have you ever wanted something so much that you would do anything to have it - even knowing that it was bad for you?"
"Of course," Adam replied. "All truly enjoyable things in life are invariably bad for you - and they are even better when done to excess.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Well, I find a strange comfort in the fact that he wouldn't feel this degree of animosity now, had he not loved me so much before.”

10/09/2009 page 40
11/14/2009 page 156
39.9% 1 comment
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by new_user (last edited Nov 17, 2009 04:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

new_user Glad you liked it, Darcie! McKenna's great, huh?

Karen This is one of favorite LK novels. McKenna is TDF. *sigh*