Shellie (Layers of Thought)'s Reviews > Soul Survivor: The Reincarnation of a World War II Fighter Pilot

Soul Survivor by Bruce Leininger

1987170
Oct 22, 09

bookshelves: genre-memoir-bio-autobio, genre-non-fiction, read-in-2009, genre-spirituality-religion, blog-reviews, war-ww2-holocaust, fav-non-fiction
Recommended to Shellie (Layers of Thought) by: FSB associates
Recommended for: WWII aficianados and those interested in past lives
Read in September, 2009

Actually 4.5 stars

Mini Synopsis:
Bruce and Andrea Leininger married in the late 90s. This was his second marriage and her first - he a well paid top executive and she an ex ballet dancer. Soon after being married the couple gave birth to a healthy little boy. Everything was normal until James, their son, started having unusual and violent nightmares. In addition he displayed unexplainable knowledge of a technical nature regarding WWII air planes. To add to the family’s distress, Bruce’s personal belief system was at odds with the idea that his son could be a reincarnated soul.
This is the story of a skeptic (Bruce) and his wife and their in-depth search for the truth. As the Leiningers find evidence that their little boy is experiencing the terrors of a man who was killed during an air attack on Japan during WWII, questions arise which invariably change the way they think about life and what they believe to be the meaning of death.
My Thoughts:
This books was wonderful. I even enjoyed the historical parts, although I disliked history in high school and college and for the most part still do. Amazingly, because of the Leniningers’ process and their in depth research, they begin to connect with a number of surviving and aging veterans and their family members, and they find it difficult to ignore the information connecting their son with the pilot’s death.
As the veterans' connection with James and what is understood to be his previous life evolves, and the evidence keeps emerging it becomes difficult to disbelieve. I like to think of myself as rational and not prone to support things that are unexplainable. However, as the facts are brought to light, and experiences are remembered, the story becomes heartbreaking, undeniable, and ultimately redemptive. It was very close to the end that I cried which is very rare for me.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Survivor.

09/14/2009 page 77