Claire S's Reviews > The Remains of the Day

The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Remains of the Day.

Will Byrnes great stuff

message 2: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire S Yeah, seems like it will be. Especially about how he constructs his reality, and maintains that construction, and how that construction affects him. I'm fascinated by things like that.

Will Byrnes I am looking forward to seeing your review.

message 4: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire S Thanks, I haven't quite taken hold of this goodreads-review process yet, but hopefully soon I'll get there!

Will Byrnes Really? That is surprising. The numbers would indicate otherwise. You have posted one or two previously.

message 6: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire S Yes, but they haven't really attained the quality of prime-time Goodreads-style reviews, you know..

Will Byrnes I am not terribly thrilled with most of mine, so I share the feeling. I don't really know what I am doing when I write these things. Writing summaries was mostly just a way for me to offer my challenged memory a crutch. There is little real format or consistency to them. Someday, maybe, for each of us. Practice, practice, practice.

Will Byrnes By the way, although I have not yet put up a review of The Book Thief, it is a must read.

message 9: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire S I don't know, yours are pretty excellent!

Thanks about book thief, I have it and everything, so will be soon. Looking forward to it!