Kristen's Reviews > Testimony

Testimony by Anita Shreve

1948024
Aug 02, 09

Read in July, 2009

I picked this book up because I love reading Anita Shreve. This book did not disappoint. The book is very easy to get into and hard to put down! It is the story of a boarding school caught in a sex scandal. The story itself does not center around the sex but rather the lifes of each character and how being in the wrong place at the wrong time can influence ones decisions. The story is told from several character perspectives, which also made it an interesting read. Testimony is the story that reminds us we are responsible for our behaviors, that those split second decisions can sometimes lead one down the wrong path and lifes can be ruined and changed forever. In the end the book left me heartbroken, as a mother you want the very best for your children and you realize that they will grow up to be their own person and make their own decisions. Although the Quinney family seems to have good morales, one fatal mistake made by his mother steers Silas in the wrong direction leaving fatal consequences for all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Testimony.