Michelle's Reviews > When the Wind Blows

Sep 24, 2007

liked it
bookshelves: mysterythriller
Read in September, 2007

I decided to check this book out after reading Patterson's Maximum Ride, as it is based on When the Wind Blows. For whatever reason, Patterson decided to take his characters from When the Wind Blows and The Lake House and revamped them into the story of Maximum Ride. I have to say, I think I like the revamped characters. This book was a decent book with an interesting concept. Basically, there is this big government conspiracy with biotechnology. Nothing new, really. These bad scientists decided to splice human with avian DNA. So we get these bird-children. We also have a rouge FBI agent frequently referred to as "Mulder" and a softy veterinarian as their protectors. Once they all find each other people start dying and other mischief ensues. While it was interesting, it was a bit too dramatic at times for me. On the whole, not a bad beach read, but if you are looking for a good read, I would check out one of Patterson's Alex Cross books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When the Wind Blows.