Paul's Reviews > The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2)

The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2) by F. Paul Wilson

Jul 31, 2009

Read in July, 2009

The first book of the Repairman Jack series. I had just read Of Human Bondage, so I needed something fun to read, and this was exactly that. I love the Dresden and Felix Castor supernatural detective books and was recommended this series to try. I might be hooked! This particular entry introduces Jack, a guy who fixes things, meaning he's a thug. But...he has a heart of gold, of course. He gets hired to find a mysterious necklace by a one armed Indian and his very bangable sister, who both may be hiding some deep dark secrets that could get Jack killed in a most horrendous fashion. If that weren't enough, Jack's ex-girlfriend enlists him to find her missing Aunt. Unfortunately for Jack, these two cases are on a collision course! Anyways, the book so entertaining that you can forgive convenient plot devices and out-of-nowhere clues that turn up at the last possible second. It's not as good a the Dresden books, but it might be the closest second that I've encountered so far.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2).