Soundscape Lange's Reviews > Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: How We're Different and What to Do About It

Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps by Allan Pease

Jul 31, 2009

liked it
Recommended for: People wanting a funny yet informative book about the differences between men and women.
Read in July, 2009 , read count: 1

Informative and amusing as long as you don't take it too seriously and remember that some of it is very generalized and stereotyped.

A few of the suggestions they give are downright ridiculous, for example:
"One of the best compliments a man can pay a woman is not to ogle inappropriately at another female, particularly in public, but to give his partner a simultaneous compliment. For example, 'Sure, she's got great legs, but I'll bet she doesn't have a great sense of humor. She's not in the same league as you, darling.' When this type of complimentary approach is used in the presence of other people, especially her friends, it pays big dividends to the man with the courage to try it."

Are you kidding me? Sorry, but I won't be giving any of these so-called simultaneous compliments. Ever. And I would hope that anyone I was with would think that that was the cheesiest thing in the world, which it is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps.