Alix's Reviews > Dead Until Dark

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Feb 18, 10

bookshelves: ebooks
Read in February, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Overall, I'd rate this a solid 4 stars. I'd read these a few years ago and decided I was going to read them again and this time review, so here goes.

I'll preface this by saying I'm slightly biased this time around by my slightly disturbing love [read: obsession] for HBO's True Blood. That being said, I still love this book. Yes, the writing does leave much to be desired, but the story is great and the characters actually believable.

The first book in this series, Dead Until Dark, introduces us to the protagonist, Sookie Stackouse, a waitress in small-town Louisiana with a somewhat resented ability to read the minds of those around her. Enter Bill Compton, vampire. The one person whose mind Sookie is unable to read. The attraction between the two, predictably, leads to a somewhat challenging relationship and Bill's status as a vampire plunges Sookie headfirst into the world of the supernatural.

A great light read for lovers of paranormal romance. I'd definitely recommend it!

Rating: PG-13
For adult situations, some sex, violence and gore.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Until Dark.