Lara's Reviews > Prom Dates from Hell

Prom Dates from Hell by Rosemary Clement-Moore

Jul 30, 2009

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy, mystery
Read in August, 2009 , read count: 1

This book was really fun--like one of Meg Cabot's supernatural books (only smarter and much better written) mixed in with a little Nancy Drew. The main character is delightfully sarcastic (sometimes this type of character can be annoying, but in this case, it really works!), the romance bits are perfectly drawn out and the heroine is not nearly as clueless as most teen heroines seem to be, the characters are generally not trite or uninteresting (okay, maybe the "Biffs and Jessicas" are the typical high school bullies/bitches, but other than those folks, the characters are kind of great)...I don't know what there is to dislike about this book! I wasn't really expecting a whole lot from it when I picked it up, but Clement-Moore very quickly surprised me with her writing--it's FANTASTICALLY better than I've seen in pretty much any other young adult books I've read lately--this one is fun and ridiculous, while somehow remaining intelligent. I will definitely be reading more in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prom Dates from Hell.

07/31/2009 page 74
23.13% "Wahaha--this book is great. I haven't LOL-ed in a book in quite a long time!"