Morgan's Reviews > Night Pleasures

Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon

1977404
Jul 29, 09

bookshelves: fiction, mythology, paranormal, vampires, romance
Read in July, 2009

Okay, so I have this librarian friend. She would come in when I was a librarian and she wasn't. I would recommend books to her.

Now that our roles have changed, something has given her supernatural powers. I will be completely set against reading something, and all she has to do is corner me in the fiction aisle and start talking. Next thing I know, I am out the door with 4 new books in my arms to start reading a new series that I never thought I would touch.

ALL THAT ASIDE.

I actually liked this. O_o

The hero was haunted by his past (I know, cliche, but bear with me) to the point to where it could completely debilitate him in a fight. The heroine was an accountant. We start our story with them handcuffed together. He's the exact type of 'other' that she's trying to stay away from by living a 'normal' life unlike her sisters, and she's the buttoned-up, stick in the mud that he usually wouldn't waste time on.

I really enjoyed their sense of humor and how they played off of each other so well in spite of their differences.

(Also, Jewel, when they woke up handcuffed together and the whole time until they figure out how to get out of the cuffs? Made me laugh so hard. Priceless. It was vaguely Delos/Adelaide which made me like them more.)

OKAY LET'S TALK ABOUT SEX.

It wasn't the pr0n she talks me into a lot of the time (although there is some hot lovins in here). The difference to me is the language used to describe things. If everything is 'cock', 'pussy', 'fuck', etc., I usually am very put off. It's okay once in awhile (and I have to say that the f-bomb is my favorite curse word to drop), but I guess at heart I am a gentler soul. (har har har, I know. Shut your mouths.)

The sex scenes were very well done, let me tell you Internets. But they didn't leave me feeling scandalized and dirty. haha.

WHY ARE YOU STILL TYPING IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO TALK MORE ABOUT SEX?

Because I want to stress that I finished this book in a day. Over the course of about 4-5 hours.

And now I am going to start on the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Pleasures.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erin nice to see someone reads as quick as me! :)

Loooove the books :) xx