Tiko's Reviews > Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships

Opening Up by Tristan Taormino

Jul 29, 09

Read in July, 2009

I recommend this book to anyone thinking of starting an open relationship or anyone that has been doing open relationships for years. It's interesting, to the point, and covers all kinds of relationships while encouraging the reader to find their boundaries and choose the kind of relationship that is right for them. This is not propaganda for polyamory!

This is the first book on open relationships I've read. (I couldn't get myself to read something titled "The Ethical Slut"!) I've been in open relationships in many different ways for several years. My current strong relationship recently went through a rough patch when we came across experiences we didn't think to put in our rules. This book was recommended to us then. This book lays out many different ways of having open relationships and gives lots of examples of what can happen and options on how to deal with feelings and situations. It showed me a few things I hadn't considered and made sure they got incorporated into our new rules. It also showed me that we were not alone in experiencing this difficulty and gave me new words to express what we were going through.

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opening Up.