Sara ♥'s Reviews > Fighting Ruben Wolfe

Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak

Aug 05, 09

bookshelves: 2009, young-adult, action-adventure
Read in August, 2009, read count: 1

I liked the book quite a lot. Probably in the 3.5 star range. I didn't bump it up to 4 stars because it just didn't draw me in like I Am the Messenger did. Maybe it's not fair to compare the two, since this was Markus Zusak's first book (meaning that it makes sense that the later books would be better), but there it is!

I think the book was just... too short! It felt like a flushed-out outline. The storyline was there, but it was missing substance... I wanted more details about the boys... more information.

But, that being said, I think the message in the boys' story came across beautifully. You have to fight for what you want. How can you truly appreciate the things you have if they're just given to you without any effort on your part?

I needed those messages right now. So thank you Markus Zusak for the encouragement!

(Now, on to the sequel, Getting the Girl. Sounds like a love story... My favorite!)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighting Ruben Wolfe.

08/02/2009 page 44
20.09% "Chapter 4. Interesting so far. I think I'm just getting into the plot though..."