Nathalie's Reviews > Angels Fall

F_50x66
Jul 29, 09

bookshelves: romance
Read in August, 2006

I've read all of Nora's books and, until now, found her to be a fascinating writer, easy with words, great with descriptions. She could make you FEEL the story better than anyone else (passion, excitement, suspense) and I just couldn't wait to read the next book. Until this one. What a lame, lame, boring, predictable book. Can I say lame again? I suspect she let an assistant write the bulk of the book for her because I found none of her magic in there. Her heroin is pitiful (as in you can't possibly start caring about her, she's such a mess she's irritating) the "hero" is laughably average and... boring (there's average everywhere in the real world... I like romance novels for the escapism, Nora! If I want real world, I don't need to read books!). There is NO chemistry between the 2, just snappy retorts. The storyline was excruciatingly long and slow and I had guessed the killer within 5 minutes of the murder. After page 300 or so, I couldn't take it anymore and skipped to the end to make sure I had guessed right. Yep, I had. Nora, stick to romance novels. If you want to write thrillers, then have them marketed as thrillers and drop the romance pretense out of them, because you're just alienating readers who expected something totally different.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels Fall.