Kim's Reviews > The Edge of Reason

The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding

Aug 03, 09

bookshelves: chick-lit, humorous
Read in August, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This book was definitely not as good as the first. The entire book was the question of whether or not Mark and Rebecca were actually dating, with some bizarre happenings thrown in there-the schizo Oriental boy and the rabbit; the bullet in the mail...none of them were developed enough for me to even be able to call them subplots, really. The whole thing seemed rather unorganized, and it could have been a good 100 pages shorter.

I also found Bridget's character to be a little annoying, and many of her daily trackings (calories, pounds), would never have been able to happen. How does someone eat 8,000+ calories in one day and still be a pound thinner the next day? Or lose 10 pounds in a week, all the while drinking herself into a stupor and stuffing her face?!

Helen Fielding should have just stopped after the first book. And for all the drama in -this- book, I would have certainly expected Mark and Bridget to be engaged by the end of it. But it seemed to end exactly the same as the first: Bridget being content with Mark after 200+ pages of (in this case) nonsense.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Edge of Reason.