Budds Purugganan's Reviews > Crazy From The Heat

Crazy From The Heat by David Lee Roth

M_50x66
Dec 02, 07

Recommended for: those who remain Van Halen fans!
Read in May, 1998

WHEW! David Lee Roth returned with the ever-unhealthy Edward Van Halen----and currently touring with Eddie's young son Wolgang playing electric bass ( and even choosing the bunch of 'greatest hits' repertoire for the rehearsals). When I read 'Crazy from the Heat' --I found out what 'Diamond Dave' had to REVEAL cuz when Sammy Hagar took over I detected pop-flavoured, publicity stunt for the CABO WABO trash he was trying to SELL. ( And the DVD of their gig 'Right here Right Now---LIVE! wasn't EPIC at all----there was no 'Runnin' w' the Devil, no 'Atomic Punk', no 'So This Is Love'----I knew Dave rocks with these dudes with the DEFINITIVE sound of VAN HALEN----)
And the best thing about the book is Dave Lee Roth tells the WHOLE story---how the band started, what went through when they sold platinum albums, why Dave doesn't indulge in 'groupie' tell-all stories ( which was RARE for a rocker like him....), and why the Van Halen brothers are absolutely wackos!!!
I was amazed at David's sojourns to Tibet----he was simply full of zest when it came to adventure. He has travelled to wild jungles, rain forests, and has even encountered voodoo madmen---which made this book sooo fascinating. If you've read Aerosmith's 'Walk This way, and Led Zeppelin's 'Hammer of the Gods'---this BESTSELLER will -NO QUESTIONS ASKED- complete your rock journalism collectibles. ( And David Lee Roth will REMAIN with Van Halen forever-------)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy From The Heat.