Erika Badass's Reviews > Fantasy in Death

Fantasy in Death by J.D. Robb

Feb 23, 10

Read on February 23, 2010

4.5 stars.

What a wicked frosty book :P

It was more police procedural than epiphany of Eve and Roarkes relationship, we don't see as much Feeney, and no Charles and Louise (still on honeymoon) A short scene with Mavis and Nadine, but it's still an interesting read.

Some of Peabody's lines really cracked me up. I enjoy Peabody and Eve's dynamic.

I was glad to see the usual banter was back, I felt it was missing in Kindred, but that could have been because of the case itself, a sixteen year olds Rape and murder isn't as (comical, for lack of a better word) than a gaming system that could potentially kill you.

I felt the Roarke injury was glossed over too much, and should have been a little worse (I know, I know, but really, he is the only one who hasn't been seriously injured in the series, and it would have been (not nice persay) but nice to see Eve have to go to the hospital and worry over Roarke like he has had to do for her.

I'm glad he is OK tho... don't get me wrong. I love Roarke :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fantasy in Death.

Quotes Erika Liked

J.D. Robb
“Do you think the penis ever gets tired?"

Whose?

Anybody's. I mean anybody with one. Does the penis ever just think: for God's sake pal, give it a rest? Or is it all: Woo-who!! Here we go again!”
J.D. Robb, Fantasy in Death

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (last edited Feb 24, 2010 08:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alyssa I hope to be caught up by then...this series is unbelieveably captivating...absolutely love it! Thanks for the recommendation :-)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide Alyssa wrote: "I hope to be caught up by then...this series is unbelieveable captivating...absolutely love it! Thanks for the recommendation :-)"

I second that. Awesome series. Eve and Roarke have become one of my favorite couples along with Jamie and Claire and Cat and Bones.