Tina Smith's Reviews > Stella's Sheets

Stella's Sheets by L.A. Parker

Jun 27, 2013

did not like it

I have been avoiding writing this review. It developed far too slowly. It was like reading an unapologetic, long news paper article. Stella's Sheets is based on the story of the two main characters and filled with too much info on the town and minor characters in the fictional community of Still Water USA.
Stella lives in a trailer and has a love of sewing and a talent for creating quilts. She loves flowers and she works in a textiles factory as a machine operator. A free spirit and open minded young woman who wishes to be tied to no man because her sister and mother have set somewhat bad examples of marriage. She has the body of a stripper and good looks. She is a fairly bland character otherwise.
The other MC is introduced in a lengthy and clinical manner.The entire time I was reading it all that I could think was, 'When will this back ground info end?'.
As it turns out it was unnecessary dry detail coupled with no action.
I guess I was expecting chick lit. It needed some very very heavy pruning (the book is a whopping 103 very long chapters).
Needs more showing rather than telling in the first 20 chapters. I bared with it as long as I could, finally I could bare no more. Cut it in half. Bland,long. No action, drive or passion.
Reviewed in Review Group 9

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stella's Sheets.

06/27/2013 marked as: read

L.A. Parker Thanks for being honest.

message 2: by Tina (new) - rated it 1 star

Tina Smith I sincerely apologize for being harsh. Best of luck.