Shelly's Reviews > At the Bride Hunt Ball

At the Bride Hunt Ball by Olivia Parker

Jul 28, 2009

bookshelves: romance
Read in July, 2009

Gabriel vows never to marry as he watched his mother suffer from the pain of caring for his father, while his father went off with other women. He doesn't want to put anyone else through that or himself for that matter. When he meets Madelyn, he is intrigued by her.

Madelyn is a clumsy woman who has been told by her stepmother one to many times as to how awkward and plain she is. All Madelyn wants is to go back to her childhood home. Madelyn's stepmother makes a deal with her, attempt to catch Gabriel and her stepmother will allow her to retire to her childhood home. Madelyn is selected to come to the house party as a potential bride for Gabriel's younger brother, Tristan. She doesn't want either one or any rake for that matter. But she is drawn to Gabriel just as he is to her.

This was a great book by a new author. I really enjoyed it. Both Madelyn and Gabriel were likable characters and they worked well together. There were a couple parts that had me laughing out loud. I am looking forward to reading more books by this author in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At the Bride Hunt Ball.