Bob's Reviews > The Wilderness Warrior: Theodore Roosevelt and the Crusade for America

The Wilderness Warrior by Douglas G. Brinkley

M 50x66
Aug 13, 2009

Read in August, 2009

Looking forward to this. A very good (and prolific) writer, and a subject I feel some kinship with. My grandfather met Teddy and Taft about 100 years ago. He was impressed that they seemed like regular, unassuming guys. My grandfather took more pride in his adopted country (as seems typical) than many natives. Also interested in the conservation angle. .....Update: Terrific!!! A unique personality, tied to the birth of the movement to conserve the American wilderness. Shows why TR is remembered, and most of his contemporaries of note forgotten by the person on the street.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wilderness Warrior.

Jennifer I really liked your review! This is the most beautifully written biography I've read yet. It's personal, chronological, exciting as well as just a joy.
I'm not even close to being done yet, but I know I am learning a lot and I am a big fan of Teddy. If I could meet anyone in the past, it'd be him. (:
Nice job finishing up the entire book btw.

message 2: by Bob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bob Jennifer wrote: "I really liked your review! This is the most beautifully written biography I've read yet. It's personal, chronological, exciting as well as just a joy.
I'm not even close to being done yet, but I ..."

Thank you, Jennifer. Other biographies I have recently enjoyed include the John Carey book on Wm. Golding, Nathaniel Philbrick's "The Last Stand" (Geo. A. Custer), and Hampton Sides' "Blood and Thunder", essentially about Kit Carson. You can reach me at "declanfan@sbcglobal.net". Enjoy!

Jennifer Aha. I will continue reading the book! And thank you for your references. I'll look them up someday.