David's Reviews > The Caine Mutiny

The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk

Sep 20, 2007

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, movie-stories

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Caine Mutiny.

message 1: by Charles (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Charles Chua Le Good day David, how are you? how i wish i could read this book, but i don't know how & where to open file so i can read. Maybe you can tell me what's the story is all about? Have a nice day.

Charles

message 2: by David (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

David Charles,
It's the story of the crew of a Naval ship, and how the crew responds to a paranoid commander. Some of his junior officers take over the ship during a storm, and they are charged with mutiny. The book tells the story of their court-martial. In the film version, Humphrey Bogart was the paranoid captain, and in my opinion it was one of his best performances.

David

message 3: by Charles (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Charles Chua Le Hi David,

I'm just new to this site. Are u able to read in this site all the books that are shown for ratings? Is it possible? I like to read sometime when I'm not busy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the book Caine Mutiny. Thanks a lot. God Bless.

charles

message 4: by David (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

David Well, Charles, as always the best sources for books would be book stores or public libraries. If you want to purchase a book that is hard to find, most book stores will help you locate a copy. Sometimes you can get a good deal at a used book store.

Sometimes you can find books posted on line, but they have to be very old books that are now part of the public domain -- due to copyright protection.

So your best bets are book stores, new and used, and public libraries.

message 5: by Charles (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Charles Chua Le Okay, I cannot make any ratings if i have not read those books. thanks anyway.

message 6: by David (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

David Well, Charles, you can get some good advice on what to read and why by reading reviews on this site. And sometimes you can purchase books through this site. But your quickest option is a store or a library.