Nick's Reviews > The Poetry of Robert Frost

M 50x66
Jul 27, 09

bookshelves: books-that-changed-my-view-on-life
Read in September, 1997

He expertly articulates and captures those feelings inspired in us as children.
Wonderment and Beauty, Innocence, and Joyfulness, but also and equally, Loneliness Isolation and Desperation. Wisdom and Naivety.

Reading Frost is like traveling across New England With two people. The First incarnation a small enthusiastic and expressive child awe struck by the simple beauty of the landscape and changing seasons as he passes them by yearning to run ahead and spy what lay beyond the next bend.

The Second, a wiser and well traveled grandfatherly type, Who knows better than to openly advise against taking the short cut,though in a round about way counsels against the idea; lest we miss the point of the taking the back roads in the first place.

(If the above was confusing I apologize. Its late and Im trying to pay homage my favorite philosopher/poet.

I find Its like trying to explain why water tastes good when you've just crossed the Sahara. It should be obvious to all, but then what if the person has no idea what the Sahara IS?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Poetry of Robert Frost.