valee's Reviews > Vampire Academy

2320890
Jan 20, 2015

bookshelves: young-adults, 50-fav-series
Read in July, 2009

I loved this book! I'm not into YA books, but I loved this one. Maybe it was because even though it was a YA book, I didn't remember it was about a girl of 17 until she said she was that age. The heroine in this book doesn't behave like a teen, and Dimitri for sure isn't. I can't wait to read more about them.

If you read this book knowing that it is YA, you'll love it. I read other paranormal YA books, and didn't like them this much. It is better than the house of night series and the vampire diaries. If you liked those, you'll love this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

09/26/2009 page 15
4.52% "on chapter 2"
09/27/2009 page 250
75.3% "I'm loving this book. I never thought it would be this good!" 7 comments
02/19/2016 marked as: read

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I enjoyed this one a lot. I am hoping that Dimitri and Rose end up together.

valee Is that supposed to mean that in the 4 books that have been published they don't?
Now I don't want to keep reading it...
I'll be very sad if I don't see more about Dimitri. I don't want her for nobody else but him

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I don't know. Don't take my word for anything. I am just hoping ahead. I've only read this one so far. Me too, I totally want them to be together.

valee Oh thank god. LOL
I thought you had read them all and they still were not together. I got so frustrated I didn't wanted to read the next. But I need to read them because I need to have hope that they will end together. I loved Dimitri.
I'll let you know after reading the second. I'm starting it today.

message 6: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Kinda random, but I hate noth the house of night series and vampire diaries. Lots of people say it's good though, do you think I should give it a chance????

valee Arielle wrote: "Kinda random, but I hate noth the house of night series and vampire diaries. Lots of people say it's good though, do you think I should give it a chance????"

I have read the three of them. In my opinion, the house of night series had a good start but then every book got worst and worst. The vampires diaries is a bit better, but not much.

Although this series is really, really good. I enjoyed it much more. You really should give it a try.

message 8: by Carmen (new)

Carmen um... you kind of ruined the ending...

valee Carmen wrote: "um... you kind of ruined the ending..."

What do you mean?

Michell Lady Vale wrote: "Carmen wrote: "um... you kind of ruined the ending..."

What do you mean?"

by telling us that they don't end up together at the end of the book!

valee Sorry about that, I already changed it.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I love this series. One of my fave YA series out there.

valee Really? Mine were twilight, Hunger Games and The Mortal Instruments.

But I did love Vampire Academy, bluebloods and Wicked Lovely.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Oh yeah! I looove the Mortal Instruments! There's a prequel to that series called Infernal Devices. First book is Clockwork Angel. Check it out!

I love the Hunger Games too. I liked Twilight too.

valee I have Clockwork Angel right here next to me, but I'm waiting till more books get release or I really have not any more books to read because I don't wanna start more series which are still being written. I don't know if that makes any sense,lol. At least not while I still have 15 series I have not finished. Once I finish with those I'll start new ones.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) No, I get what you're saying. It makes a lot of sense. But I just couldn't wait...

I've got a lot of series to finish as well. And lots of new ones to start. Too many books and so little time!

Jenese (Readers Confession) I'm not really into YA books much either. But I LOVE this series. I have read them all...so I have to say KEEEPPP REAADDINGGGGG!!! Richelle Mead knows how to keep you on your toes. Rose and Dimitri go through lots of ups and downs through their books, but you WILL NOT regret reading the rest of the books in the series. The last book of the series "The Last Sacrifice" will be out this December. I can't wait, I still don't know what's going to happen.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I've read all the books in the VA series too. SO GOOD! I can't wait to read Last Sacrifice! Rose is one of my fave heroines of all time.

Jenese (Readers Confession) I love Rose, she is one of my favs too!

valee Annie have you read Georgina Kinkaid? Is amazing.

Ctanner Love this series, and the best part is that the books just keep getting better.

message 22: by Fani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fani loves angst Vale, I liked this book but it was the next one that made me a fan of the series. Like Ctanner said, this series gets better and better with each book. Enjoy!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Vale, I have read the Georgina Kincaid series. But not all of them. They're hard to find in my town for some reason.

valee Fani wrote: "Vale, I liked this book but it was the next one that made me a fan of the series. Like Ctanner said, this series gets better and better with each book. Enjoy!"

Same thing for me, while I liked this book a lot, it was book 2 that made me a fan.

valee Annie wrote: "Vale, I have read the Georgina Kincaid series. But not all of them. They're hard to find in my town for some reason."

You should do whatever you can to get them because that series is freaking amazing! You'll love it!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yeah, I'll order them online if I have to!

valee You'll love them for sure. Although it took me a couple of books to get really hooked. The first 2 were not as good as the rest. But the last 3 are REALLY amazing reads!

message 28: by Fani (last edited Dec 13, 2010 01:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fani loves angst Daena wrote: "they DO end up together and forever poor adrian but he should have seen it coming"

Daena, please remove your comment or put a spoiler alert, since it's a HUGE spoiler for anyone who hasn't read and is looking forward to the last book of the series. There are people here, me included, who have been waiting anxiously for the last book and have been trying to stay away from spoilers, so it really stings to come upon one on someone's review of the first book of the series.

Kristina When does the romance start..im on chapter 6

valee LOL, book 1 has some but it will get better. Every book has more of it.

Sophia I also just became a Vampire Academy convert...now I'll have to check out Georgina Kincaid (although that spoiler in the comments was awful)

valee what spoiler?

Sophia Lady Vale wrote: "what spoiler?"

from your commenter above, but you already noted it :)

valee I'm really sorry about that I had no idea I had written a spoiler. I never do that and I hate it when people do it as well. Thank you guys for letting me know.

message 35: by Sophia (last edited Feb 23, 2011 02:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophia Lady Vale wrote: "I'm really sorry about that I had no idea I had written a spoiler. I never do that and I hate it when people do it as well. Thank you guys for letting me know."

oh no, not you! Sorry, I meant Fani already commented on it (I'm not naming the spoiler-writer so they don't get too embarrassed)

valee Oh good, you scared me there,LOL.

message 37: by Lula (new) - added it

Lula hahahaha por suerte lei tu review, lo iba a bajar y ahora ya no XD creo que voy a fisurar fever

valee siii termina fever hdp q quiero q leas el final!

Ronyell Great review Vale!

valee Thanks~!

Ronyell You're welcome!

Mikaela I definently agree with you, VA is much better than the house of night (i havent read vampire diaries), p.c. and kristin cast just dragged on the series and zoey's hoarish ways

Athena Ivashkova ~♥~ LOL, I love how they were captivated by the lust spell. Dimitri sounds very sexy, like....*gasp!!*

Mikaela Pearl wrote: "LOL, I love how they were captivated by the lust spell. Dimitri sounds very sexy, like....*gasp!!*"

totes

message 45: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin Did you know that there is a movie coming out based on this book?

Michael Did you see the movie yet? The movie really needs fans to pull through because as of now its a flop. So please support the movie :)

Katrina Fletcher Favorite series of all time

Ultimate YA If you liked this you may be interested in other books that have to do with teens and mental illness. Our magazine just did an issue with a mental illness theme and Vampire Academy was featured! Here's the article if anyone is interested http://www.ultimateya.com/articles/20...

Liise and i tought that i don´t like vampiire books i was wrong