Crystal's Reviews > Alibi

Sep 23, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: read-sept-2009, reviewed
Read in September, 2009

This is an interesting review to write. Why? You might ask. Well because I read this book and didn't really enjoy reading it, yet in the end I felt I really got the message of the book. So time was definitely not wasted reading the book and my dislike of it should not factor in because I feel it was one of those that truly didn't appeal to me but I am sure someone else (and maybe everyone else) will love it.

Why didn't I like it - first the language was horrible, and I know it was needed - it was showing a different life than one I am use to, one of a prostitute who was involved with drug dealers. This is not a gentle life and I know it's a tough life and this book gave me some insight into that, but I had a hard time with all of the bad language. Second, it jumped around a bit to much for me. In the end I see where everything was going and it was brilliant, but I couldn't figure any of it out during the book - it all seemed very unrelated. But again that may have been just me.

Why I did like the book - Daisy Mae - she was an exotic dancer/hooker who made the wrong decision at the wrong time and got hooked up being an alibi for someone she never met. As the tides change for Daisy Mae, she grows as a character and I enjoyed watching that growth. Her character was amazing and that is what shines the most to me for this book and why I still recommend this book to others.

I think the description of this book is a little inaccurate - it mainly describes the first 20 or so pages of the book, the real story centers around Daisy Mae who becomes Nard's alibi, and what happens to her after she makes this life-changing decision.

I hope there will be more books with Daisy Mae. If there are I will gladly read them - I would love to continue to see her growth as a person.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alibi.

08/24/2009 page 60
09/03/2009 page 272
100.0% "Suspenseful and thought-provoking."
show 2 hidden updates…