miaaa's Reviews > The Double

Feb 23, 10

bookshelves: fictions-others
Recommended to miaaa by: Ronny
Read from February 03 to 22, 2010

I wonder what would I do if someone phoned me and told me that she is identical to me from head to toe. I might just ignore her or feel curious enough to confirm the random theory that each person in this world have seven identical non-biological twins.

Anyway it's a typical work of Saramago. It makes you reset your point of view regarding the world, especially the life you live in, and then you know your life would never be the same again.

I wish I can explore more but my brain is a bit hazy out of the fever.

***

ini buku udah hampir setahun aja di boks, untung yang minjemin gak nagih pake golok hahaha

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Double.

Quotes miaaa Liked

José Saramago
“Such is our need to shower blame on some distant entity when it is we who lack the courage to face up to what is there before us.”
José Saramago, The Double
tags: human

02/02/2010 page 1
0.33% "Tertuliano Maximo Afonso"
02/05/2010 page 63
20.72% "People may say that it's first impression that count, but here's a person whom Tertuliano didn't take to at all to start with, and yet."
02/08/2010 page 126
41.45% "I like Tertuliano's conversation with the Common Sense already lol"
02/10/2010 page 175
57.57% "the second-born deserves the designation phenomenon of nature, he appeared in this world on false pretences to occupy a place not his own"
02/16/2010 page 220
72.37% "that doesn't tell me any more than I knew before, And what did you know before, Nothing"
02/23/2010 page 304
100.0% "if you want the life goes on, then eliminate all your duplicates!" 1 comment