Jacqueline's Reviews > Forest Born

Forest Born by Shannon Hale

Mar 12, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, fairy-tales
Read in March, 2011

If you find yourself tiring of The Books of Bayern series before you get to book four, I strongly recommend that you go ahead and give this book a chance. Rin is Razo's little sister, and Forest Born is her story. It if the tale of how she learns who she is and how to deal with her human imperfections.

This book spoke to me personally. Rin thinks that she is a very bad girl. She even uses those words. I think all of us have voices telling us that we are very bad. Some of us may be better at dealing with it than others, but guilt is a difficult emotion to handle. Others see Rin as a very good girl, but she is afraid that they don't know the real her. Of course, everyone is like this, but most of us don't talk about it. We want everyone to think well of us, and humankind tend to be reluctant to share their doubts and weaknesses.

The theme of overcoming guilt is one that is popping up in all my reads at the moment. I love how the books that I need to read the most seem to fall into my hands at just the right times.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forest Born.