Anne's Reviews > Christmas Jars

Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

Jul 27, 2009

Read in January, 2006

Catherine Keddington Arveseth, in her review of Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright for Meridian Magazine says, "Wright may have created a new Holiday phenomenon. Readers will be inspired to start their own tradition of giving, be it jars or something similar. Christmas Jars is a short read with a tender message ― an excellent gift for any Christian. It is magic mixed with fiction and will surely spark within you, the spirit of the season."

The predicted phenomenon has happened. Since Christmas Jars was published in October 2005, three seasons have passed--and according to Jason Wright's Facebook page, new Christmas jar stories keep flooding in.

I enjoyed this book so much that I've given a copy to someone in my family this year. And my husband and I began our own Christmas Jar tradition locally. The spirit of giving is still strong. It just gets a little lost at times, amid life's many pressures. I'm grateful for books like this that draw us in, and remind us of all that's good in the world, and how much we can touch lives by simple acts of kindness.

If you haven't yet discovered Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright, then I highly recommend this heart-warming read for all ages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Jars.

Jennie Spare Change by Aubrey Mace is basically the same story only better written.