Kelly's Reviews > The Friday Night Knitting Club

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

202170
Sep 30, 07

Read in September, 2007

post-read: so, now i'm finished. this book was basically chick-lit. i felt the story wasn't too shabby, but writing style/tone made me feel like i was reading a high schooler's creative writing assignment. SO prosaic and cliche. in another author's hands, it could have been much better. the ending, as jeni said, was surprising, and i think the author used it to separate it from its chick-lit sistren, but it didn't work. it did make me tear up a LITTLE, and i was entertained, and the characters were likeable, but all this wasn't enough to pull it into a 3 star rating. i put it a little higher than the shopaholic books sophie kinsella and a little lower than jennifer weiner books jennifer weiner.

i got this for a dollar at borders. it's not like i was super pumped to read it, friends giving it only a medium rating. i'm really just too tired at home to read anything too taxing. i think it's related to how much brain power i use at work. i'm still pretty busy and doing big, new projects, so my ability to read novels that do more than skim the surface is lacking. but the pendulum will swing the other way soon, i'm sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Friday Night Knitting Club.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

J.Elle This was better than I expected, mostly because it wasn't so totally predictable. Although it was by no means fabulous, I don't regret reading it.