AlexM's Reviews > Green Angel

Green Angel by Alice Hoffman

Jul 27, 09

Read in September, 2006

I really liked this story because it gives a deep perspective on Green's thoughts and feelings on everything that happens to her throught the story. Her parents and sister are killed in a fire at their house and Green goes through a transformation throught the story from the lighthearted Green to the sorrow-filled Ash. She goes through it because she loses herself by destroying her feeling but also destroying herself, inking ravens, bats, and roses into her skin. It is a very,very, good story. I cannot put it into a genre because it is not a fantasy book, not a spiritual book, and not really a non-fiction book. I have to say that the relationship of a non-fiction book and a fiction book blurs into one. It is non-fiction book but has the elements of a fictional story but sometimes blurs into a little bit of a fantasy story. As for spiritual part of it is is not having faith in a god but having faith in yourself and never turning away to a darker side of your soul. It was a beautiful story to read and I hope that you like it to if you decide to read it. Alice Hoffman seems like a genius to me for writing Green Angel.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green Angel.