Lauren's Reviews > Good Dog, Carl

1914723
Nov 30, 09

liked it
bookshelves: young-adults-and-kids-books

I lowered my earlier rating because I got tired of this book really quickly. The paintings are still very sweet, but it gets annoying to have to keep ad libbing the story.

Ok, I know this book only has a few words and it's for very young children, but it's one of the sweetest books ever.

It tells the story of a rottweiler who is told to watch the baby while the mother goes out for a bit, certainly not a great parenting suggestion, but the basis for a very cute story. Carl and the baby get into all kinds of trouble and finally Carl puts the baby back to bed and goes around cleaning up all the messes and then ending up right where he started so the mom has no idea about all the adventures she missed.

I was browsing in the bookstore and picked this book up and "read" it. I must have grown a huge smile in the process because a little old lady commented on it and then we got talking about books. Well anyway, the art is wonderful and my little girl loves it so when I saw it was on here, I figured why not add a review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Dog, Carl.

message 1: by Carly (new)

Carly I love Carl!